Spectrum works closely with many agencies on the North Shore. Referrals are received from any professional working with families living on the North Shore including..
- VCHA Community Nurses (Early Years Team)
- Social Workers (MCFD and VCHA)
- Infant Development Program
- North Shore Multicultural Society
- North Shore Crisis Center
- Family Services of the North Shore
- North Shore Neighbourhood House/Learning Together
- Pregnancy Crisis Center
- North Shore Womens Center
- RCMP victim services
If you have a client you would like to refer to Spectrum refer to the Guidelines below and call 236 838 3783 or email [email protected]
How it works
Our services are provided to mothers living on the North Shore with a newborn or a newborn and children under three. Once a referral is received the family is matched with a caregiver/mentor who then meets with the family and together they work out a schedule for the caregiver/mentor to spend time in the home.
The referring agency, mother and Spectrum work together to ensure that optimum support is provided and to liaise with other resources as required.